Part Time Baker
Your Bread Box is an Ottawa-based sourdough bread company that's dedicated to creating delicious and wholesome gourmet bread using locally sourced ingredients. We specialize in wholesale distribution to local restaurants, cafes, and retailers, as well as direct sales at farmers' markets and individual orders (subscription or one-time).
Our sourdough bread is made fresh using traditional methods and natural fermentation, resulting in a unique and flavorful product that's rich in nutrients and easy to digest. We use only the best quality ingredients, carefully selected from local mills.
The Part Time Baker will provide support to the Owner, and Lead Baker at Your Bread Box’s Commercial Kitchen Location in Carp. Duties include helping to prepare, bake, & package large orders of Sourdough Loaves, Baguettes, Pretzels, Croissants, etc., for wholesale partners, local markets, and individual orders, to align with the Brand’s standards.
Additional Duties Include helping maintain the baking area and keep it clean and organized, adhering to health and safety standards, helping track inventory and replenishing items as needed, and experimenting/testing new menu items (as directed) for sampling and re-sale.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Loves Baking Bread! Well-versed in the demands of large orders in a commercial kitchen environment. Strong attention to detail, clean and organized. Expert multi-tasker, committed to positive outcomes. Familiar with industrial mixers, ovens, dough sheeters, etc. Committed to the brand, and performs well under pressure, looking for a future leadership opportunity in the industry.
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work 3 days a week, with weekends required.
- Commercial Kitchen Experience, or equivalent experience operating commercial tools for large orders.
- Passion for Sourdough Bread & familiarity with the baking process
- Educational programs in culinary arts, pastries, or bread baking are considered a bonus!
THE KEY COMPETENCIES
- Physical Stamina and Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and ask questions.
- Focus on Quality Control and Customer Service
- Subject Matter Expert in Bread Baking
- Punctual & Process Oriented Personality
- Team Player
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Email your resume and cover letter to HR@yourbreadbox.com indicating where you saw the posting and noting your salary expectations. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.